2007年6月13日 星期三

Another update from Salvador, Brasil

Time flies, 2 weeks of holiday almost come to an end, today is the 5th day in Salvador since we left Iguassu. We only stayed two days in Iguassu but it was more than enough for us, as Salvador is a relatively small town comparing with Rio de Janeiro or Salvador, in Iguassu, seems like all the activities there are around visitors visiting the Iguassu falls. We picked to visit the falls in Argentina side rather than those in Brazilian side, as majority of the falls are situated in Argentina side.

The falls in Igassu are stunning and really have taken me breathless, not only that I have a very close ENCOUNTER with them, but also I have seen rainbows that were so close that I almost can touch. The biggest fall there named Diablo fall, which Diablo in English is Devil, but I found it contrary divine. We also took a speed boat trip along to get a close look to one of the falls and as expected we were totally wet, I wish I have taken a shampoo so I can wash my hair in the falls, I am sure I would have been the pioneer. Haa..haa...

During the night we went to a local BBQ buffet restaurant for dinner which is amazingly good and amazingly affordable, which is only 4 euro per person, other than the food I also found the place interesting as it packed with local people and its environment is like Hongkongs Tai Pan Tong.

The day we arrived in Salvandor was a nightmare, as our flight was supposed to be a firect flight, but we only know that we need to stop over at Sao Paulo for 30 mins while we checked-in. As predicted, the flight was delayed for 2 hours and while we arrived at Sao Paulo, we wered asked to leave the plane as the crew members no longer served this plane and we need to wait at the departure hall for news, we had no idea when we could get on the plane, adding on the reason that no one could speak english, we totally had no idea what was going on. We finally got on the plane after 1 hour and instead of arriving at 9.50pm we arrvied at Salvandor at 2am.


Salvandor is more like my image of Brazil than Rio de Janeiro,. everywhere is colourful houses and there are not many tall buildings. There are more african influence in here, especially on food, they are more chilly and with a lot of spice. As usual, we have spent a lot of time on the beach, and Fat Or got so tan that I haven never seen before. Of course I always hide under an umbrella and with tons of sun blocks. :)

Got to go now for drinks.....

3 則留言:

匿名 提到...

Nice to know you'll be back soon. Paris without you is a little different. It rained a lot. Another day I was caught in a big shower,thinking it would be the last, then I had the same luck yesterday thanks to the "well-predicted" forecast.

BTW, did you know that YOUR JULIEN has won the nouvelle star? Hahahaha, guess you must be happy.

匿名 提到...

Welcome home!!

Unknown 提到...

Dear Julia,

哈...哈...真的呀,那我多留在巴黎呀。

我都說是Julien呀! 要找日上上nouvelle star website去看看當日的video才行。

Dear Camille,

回家真好,對我們什麼時候看sherk呀?